With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 630 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
Tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Translate contents from English to Chinese (or vice versa) for different projects, including but not limited to subjects related to Emissions Trading Systems (ETSs), green supply chain, energy policies, and Chinese environmental and economic policies and initiatives.
- Create periodic news update on China’s national carbon market policies as well as other energy and environment-related development.
- Help execute ad-hoc research projects related to China’s environmental development and international climate policies.
- Help gather data and information from both English and Chinese publications as required.
- Provide administrative support to team members as required such as note-taking, event preparation, etc.
- Bi-lingual Manadarin and English is a job requirement
- Well organized, motivated, and detail-oriented;
- Demonstrated ability to translate professional contents between English and Chinese;
- Professionally trained in English and Mandarin Chinese interpretation or translation is a strong plus;
- Completed coursework in environmental studies, economics, social sciences, or international policies preferred;
- Strong interest in learning about US-China environmental development;
- General knowledge about China’s environmental issues, climate change policies, and proposed instruments for environmental management (e.g. ETS, green supply chain, etc.);
- Strong work ethics and willingness to learn by doing;
- An undergraduate degree (or currently pursuing an undergraduate degree) is required.
New York, NY
Flexible in summer 2018
21 – 35 hours/week
Interested applicants should attach their cover letter and resume to the EDF application, together with an example of translation in English and Chinese.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply