Bilingual Spanish Program Assistant, California Climate
BILINGUAL SPANISH PROGRAM ASSISTANT, CALIFORNIA CLIMATE
With world attention focused on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. This leading green group, with programs from Boston to Beijing, has tripled in size over the past decade by focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches. You can be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and a focus on results are a way of life.
Environmental Defense Fund is currently looking to hire a Bilingual Spanish Program Assistant to provide support to the California Climate team. The Bilingual Spanish Program Assistant has primary administrative responsibility across a wide range of tasks and functions associated with the team. The Bilingual Spanish Program Assistant helps ensure the smooth and effective function of the project, including helping coordinate and facilitate recurring meetings and internal communications. The Bilingual Spanish Program Assistant will also engage in program and policy work as needed, including but not limited to research, writing and editing, and review of materials.
- Manage logistics and coordinate workflow and operations for multiple senior team leaders.
- Make travel arrangements, prepare itineraries, reconcile American Express accounts and expense reports for multiple professional staff members.
- Draft contracts with international consultants; process and track invoices.
- Organize and attend regular team meetings; coordinate and communicate logistics for team staff; distribute agenda and supporting materials to attendees in timely manner, where appropriate.
- Track program expenditures and assist in updating monthly financial reports.
- Plan and manage logistics for climate related workshops and other events in the US and potential international locations.
- Conduct research on climate change related and other issues.
- Prepare and proofread correspondence, briefing memos, charts, tables, graphs, etc.
- Support staff members in the preparation of grant proposals and reports.
- Work independently and as part of a team on special projects, which may include: assisting in the planning, coordination and dissemination of presentations, narrative reports, and other written and web-based information.
- Bachelor’s degree, course work in business management or environmental policy preferred
- At least some professional administrative experience preferred
- Spanish proficiency strongly preferred
- Ability to effectively juggle and execute multiple, time-sensitive tasks simultaneously
- Highly personable demeanor and ability to communicate clearly and effectively with others
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Eagerness to work both independently and as part of a small and nimble and diverse team
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook, strong skills with Excel and PowerPoint
Due to the volume of employment applications and queries received, EDF is unable to respond to each application individually. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected as a candidate.
Environmental Defense Fund is an Equal Opportunity EmployerApply