With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 630 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
Are you interested in exploring a career at an internationally-recognized environmental organization? By joining EDF as an Intern, you too can be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and a focus on results are a way of life. EDF’s Internship Program welcomes intellectually hungry leaders to join us, advance our work, and cultivate the skills and relationships needed for a successful career working for the environment. Alumni of our Internship Program have gone on to important leadership positions, most notably our own President, Fred Krupp. Could you be the next Fred Krupp?
EDF offers internships and fellowships for students and recent graduates in a variety of programs and departments throughout the organization. The ultimate goal of our internship and fellowship program is to provide high-quality experiences (including relevant projects and opportunities for networking) that form the foundation for any individual who is serious about pursuing an environmental career.
The focus on this internship is to better understand the current rating systems strengths and weaknesses, and to provide EDF with recommendations for how we can influence this space to create the right incentives for investors and companies to excel at sustainability. In this internship, you will be working closely with our Director of Supply Chain and with our close retail partners and financial institution contacts to provide an overall strategy recommendation.
Tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Conducting research on the sustainability investors market, investor reporting and system tools, and company and market trends in relation to investment. What is the impact that investors have on the sustainability market and how can make better and longer term investments?
- Analysis of system tools, reporting systems, and continuation on the investor landscape.
- Relationship coordination with partnering companies and financial firms.
- Educate team in the investors’ field and how we can utilize this data in our current work streams to help further push companies to be champions in sustainability.
- Demonstrate an interest in sustainability, investor markets, retail engagement, or corporate sustainability practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be well organized, motivated, and detail-oriented.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team setting and have the ability to work independently when projects are due.
- Demonstrate initiative and problem solving skills.
- Must be a motivated self-starter
- Must be detailed oriented.
10 weeks during Summer 2019
Full-time 35 hours per week
To be considered please apply by submitting your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample.
This is a paid internship funded through the Cornell Atkinson Internship program.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply