With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 630 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
The Climate Program seeks a highly motivated, analytically rigorous Analyst to join EDF’s Washington, DC office. The Analyst will be a key member of the team, conducting research and analysis to support advancing state-based climate policies.
Under supervision of the Sr. Director of Regulatory Strategy, the Analyst will play an integral role in securing state-based climate policies, supporting these advocacy efforts through outreach to coalition partners, research, written and oral advocacy, analysis of regulation and legislation, and by attending workshops and hearings on relevant topics.
- Assist with timely in-house analyses for Program staff, EDF executive team, and other programs throughout the organization.
- Spearhead development of white papers summarizing research for a broader audience, along with public communications including regulatory or legislative testimony, presentations, Op-Ed pieces, and blog posts.
- Prepare information to respond to inquiries from a variety of stakeholders.
- Work with communications staff to maintain up-to-date information on websites.
- In conjunction with development staff, participates in developing funding proposals and interim reports, when appropriate.
- Apply excellent organizational, communication, and planning skills in preparing correspondence and reports, responding to requests for information, and helping to coordinate activities among team members.
- Assist in implementing initiatives to support advancing state and regional climate policy.
- Under the direction teammates, undertake outreach to key stakeholder communities.
- Take on special projects as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in environmental science, economics, law or related fields and at least three years of related professional experience or a Master’s Degree in a related field with some professional experience.
- Results-oriented, self-starter with the ability to think strategically and carry out responsibilities in a timely and effective manner.
- Exceptional personal organization and attention to detail.
- Excellent research and analytical skills and an interest in performing rigorous analysis in support of highly visible work.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with colleagues and partners of varied backgrounds and experience.
- Ability to work independently and to support a multi-disciplinary team, using independent judgment required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload.
- Strong computer proficiency, including experience with Excel, Word, and Internet research.
Washington, DC or Boulder, CO
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply