With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Database Marketing, the Analyst, Membership CRM is a data analyst who uses database-query, relationship-management applications, and statistical softwares to help EDF communicate effectively with its donors. This position requires attention to detail, can-do attitude, perseverance, and desire to learn-and-work with advanced tools for segmentation, list pulls, data mining, and statistical analysis projects. The ideal candidate will have experience using a database-query application and has worked with people with varying levels of technical background. This position also requires the willingness to learn and understand the nonprofit fundraising sector and direct marketing techniques.
We are open to considering qualified candidates to be based in the U.S. but work remotely.
- Produce direct-mail, telemarketing, and occasional e-mail house lists, and create tracking records of those solicitations using EDF’s existing deployment of IBM Campaign.
- Work with our cross channel staff, IT, and consultants to increase the efficiency and use of the application in addressing big-data opportunities.
- Translate business requirements into data requirements and document processes.
- Use query tools, Salesforce reports, and Excel to conduct research into data-hygiene issues and provide requested information, reports, and explanations.
- Learn about non-profit fundraising techniques and gain familiarity with EDF testing practices and results.
- Use statistical softwares, such as Minitab, to analyze test results and make recommendations to the marketing team.
- Research statistical tools and methods that fit the analytical need, make recommendations and document findings.
- 2+ years of experience working with CRM applications or advanced degree plus one year experience working with CRM applications.
- Proven logical and organizational skills related to programming or coding.
- Ability to address challenges with data applications by asking questions, consulting manuals, and researching online resources.
- Ability to clearly and completely express professional and/or technical information in memos, reports, and other written material. Effect communication orally and in writing with co-workers, internal staff elsewhere at EDF, and third parties.
- Ability to address inquiries thoroughly up to moderate levels of complexity and novelty.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, meet deadlines, and work independently when projects are due.
- Required skills include experience using many of the following applications: IBM Campaign (Unica), IBM Cognos, Salesforce, Adestra, BlueVenn, SQL, advanced Excel, Minitab or other statistical softwares.
- Background in statistics is a strong plus.
Please include a cover letter sharing why you’re interested in the role.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply