Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 850 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for all accounts payable recording, reporting, and disbursements, paying particular attention to employee expense reports, credit card reports, payable accounts and disbursements. As part of the financial management team, they participate in the ongoing documentation and analysis of Environmental Defense Fund’s finances as well as the implementation of overall policies and procedures. They will report to the Transaction Processing Senior Specialist.
- Verify approval on all invoices and expense reports.
- Verify expenses are coded correctly by analyzing invoice/expense reports.
- Review contracts to ensure that payments conform with agreed upon amount.
- Reconcile AMEX/expense report amounts against supporting documents such as receipts and invoices to ensure they meet company expensing policies prior to granting approval for processing.
- Prepare and review journal entries, general ledger reconciliations, and several account analyses, including inter-company accounts and quarterly cost allocations.
- Provide assistance in arranging the IRS Form 1099 for all required vendors.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Participates in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- 4-year degree required, Accounting preferred.
- At least two years’ work experience in Accounts Payable required.
- Knowledge of financial accounting standards and procedures.
- Ability to prioritize and to multi-task.
- Attention to detail, accuracy is imperative.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to be an effective team member and display initiative.
- Proficient with MS Word and Excel.
- Microsoft Dynamics (Great Plains) experience a plus.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization.
The pay range for this role is 61,000 - 68,000 USD which takes into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply