Climate and energy policy and resources
EDF’s Climate and Energy program promotes market-based solutions that accelerate the transition to a low-carbon energy economy.
We work to cut carbon and methane pollution, protect forests, and break down barriers to clean energy.
Climate change is a defining challenge of our generation, and EDF is shaping markets, changing policy, and finding the ways that work to create a better, cleaner future.Gwen Ruta Senior Vice President, Climate and Energy
Our key climate and energy initiatives
- Cleaner, smarter energy: Turning the clean energy vision into reality by advocating for solutions that slash energy waste, accelerate renewables, and empower consumers.
- Oil and gas: Fighting for safeguards and forging new solutions to protect our climate and communities from oil and gas pollution, while maximizing natural gas’ potential to support a clean energy future.
- Climate and health protections: Working to address climate change, reduce harmful pollutants, end deforestation, and support the growth of clean energy resources.
- California climate and energy: A decade into its climate law, California is making advancements in clean energy and energy efficiency, resulting in economic growth and reduced emissions.
- Global climate policy: Working with powerhouse players such as China, India, Brazil, Canada and the European Union to help reverse the rise of global greenhouse gas emissions.
- Building a cleaner China: Helping China advance carbon markets and clean energy, green its supply chains, and promote demand-side management.
Our climate and energy experts
Areas of expertise: Corporate partnerships, business and the environment, renewable energy and energy efficiency, short-lived climate pollutants, EDF Climate Corps
Areas of expertise: Climate change, global warming, air quality, pollution prevention, environmental markets
Areas of expertise: Climate change, global warming, air quality Contact
Areas of expertise: Climate change, air quality, energy efficiency, energy policy, smart grid
Areas of expertise: methane policy, oil & gas related issues, electric & gas utility related issues, energy policy
Areas of expertise: Carbon markets, economics, climate change, U.S. and global climate and energy policy
Areas of expertise: Political affairs; climate change solutions, U.S. climate change and energy policy; US Congress
Mica Odom512-691-3451 (office)
512-913-9068 (cell) ContactClean energy, smart grid, energy efficiency
Lauren Whittenberg512-691-3437 (office)
512-784-2161 (cell) ContactOil and gas, methane regulation
Sharyn Stein202-572-3396 (office)
202-905-5718 (cell) ContactU.S. climate, greenhouse gas regulations, EPA regulations
Jennifer Andreassen202-572-3387 (office)
202-288-4867 (cell) ContactGlobal climate policy, reducing deforestation (REDD+), aviation emissions, California’s climate law (AB32)