A Climate Team is a new cooperative mechanism composed of a small group of countries:
- A host country, characterized by having significant opportunities to reduce net emissions in the short term, but insufficient resources to accelerate low emissions transformation, and;
- Partner countries with resources but limited short-term opportunities to meet their mitigation commitments. A Climate Team assists and rewards the host country as it effectively implements climate policies.
During this session we will discuss the possibilities, challenges and risks of developing this initiative.
- Chandra Shekhar – Moderator, Adviser: Climate Change Group, World Bank
- Kelley Kizzier – Host, Associate Vice President, International Climate, EDF
- Francisco Pinto - Host, Technical Advisory, Climate Teams
- Axel Michaelowa, Managing Director, Perspectives Climate Group
- Diana Movius, Director of Global Forest Policy, Climate Advisers
- Rodrigo Pizarro, Independent Consultant
- Claudio Seebach, Executive Chairman, Chilean Association of Power Generators
- Suzi Kerr, Chief Economist, EDF
Program Associate, Economic Policy and Analysis