Our major giving program
The Catalyst Circle seeks to form collaborative partnerships with our most committed supporters.
Your gift of $5,000 or more each year will have a lasting impact on the environment and grant you access to our staff and events around the country. Here are a few current needs that could be funded by unrestricted gifts of $5,000:
- $5,000 could enable us to convene key stakeholders on a pressing issue, including our annual conference on Texas water; meetings with a company about reducing greenhouse gas emissions; or a Fishermen Summit to explore the benefits of catch share programs in fisheries around the nation.
- $5,000 could fund a graduate intern to research the next environmentally friendly corporate innovation; or new opportunities to regulate greenhouse gas emissions through the Clean Air Act.
- $5,000 could fund ecological restoration of 10 acres of degraded cropland into habitat for the endangered ocelot; or proscribed burning to restore 200 acres of black-capped vireo habitat.
- $5,000 could support our outreach efforts by funding the publication of corporate best practices on sustainable seafood; or the development of a website for the new Colorado Climate Action Network.
Access to Environmental Defense Fund staff:
- Offers of in-person and phone briefings
- Personalized updates on the issues that interest you
- Philanthropic advice from our expert philanthropic advisors
Events around the country:
- Insider calls with senior staff and outside experts
- Regional program briefings over breakfast and lunch
- Field trips to see the results of your contributions
- Gala events and cocktail parties