Vice President, Corporate Partnerships Program
Areas of expertise: Corporate partnerships, business and the environment, fleet vehicles, green returns, paper and packaging, private equity and financial services
Tom Murray spearheads the Corporate Partnerships program, EDF’s work with multinational companies to accelerate environmental innovation in business products, services and operations. Ranked #1 for effective environmental partnerships by the Financial Times, Tom’s team has kicked off transformations in market sectors from shipping to retail to private equity.
Recent projects include:
- Leading the "Green Returns" initiative with Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P., The Carlyle Group and other leading private equity firms to measure and improve environmental and business performance across their portfolios
- Supporting our efforts to engage business leaders in the natural gas value chain – including investors, producers, and industrial consumers – to ensure the safe and clean development of domestic natural gas through stronger regulation, enforcement and industry best practices.
- Launching the "Green Fleet" partnership with PHH Arval, one of the largest fleet management companies in North America, to drive down costs and greenhouse gas emissions from vehicle fleets
- Prior to joining EDF, Tom held several positions at ICF International and Jellinek, Schwartz & Connolly, where he advised governmental agencies and Fortune 500 companies on environmental, safety and health compliance, pollution prevention, and legislative and regulatory strategy.
- Tom is a frequent speaker at business conferences and his projects have been featured in New York Times, Wall Street Journal, San Francisco Chronicle, Bloomberg, Fortune, NPR's Marketplace, Environmental Finance, Climate Progress and GreenBiz.com.
- Tom is an advisor to the American University Center for Environmental Policy, Greenhouse Gas Management Institute, and Newsweek Green Rankings.
- M.B.A., The George Washington University
- B.A., Political Science, Trinity College