Senior Policy Director, US Climate and Energy Program
Areas of expertise: Natural gas, energy policy, carbon capture and sequestration, climate change
Since 2005, Scott Anderson has served as Environmental Defense’s point person on policies relating to natural gas development and to the geological sequestration of carbon dioxide. Mr. Anderson is a frequent speaker at conferences and participates in stakeholder groups focused on reducing the environmental footprint of oil and gas operations.
Scott spent many years in the oil and gas industry prior to joining Environmental Defense Fund. He is the former Executive Vice President and General Counsel of the Texas Independent Producers and Royalty Owners Association (TIPRO). He was the long-time Secretary of the LIAISON Committee of Cooperating Oil and Gas Associations and currently is a member of the Committee of Visitors for the Bureau of Economic Geology at the University of Texas at Austin.
- Member, State Bar of Texas, 1979-present
- Member, Ground Water Protection Council CO2 Sequestration Committee
- Member, World Resources Institute Stakeholder Group on CCS
- Member, Interstate Oil and Gas Compact Commission Carbon Capture and Storage Task Force
- Member, Federal Advisory Committee on Unconventional Resources Technology
- Member, Interstate Oil and Gas Compact Commission, 1986-87, 1990-present
- Member, Texas Oilfield Cleanup Fund Advisory Committee, 2001-2003
- Council Member, State Bar of Texas Oil, Gas & Mineral Law Section, 1990-1993
- Member, State Bar of Texas Standing Advisory Committee on Administrative Law, 1982-88
- Former editor of the Texas International Law Journal
- B.A., University of Texas at Austin (Phi Beta Kappa)
- J.D., University of Texas School of Law