Senior Policy Advisor
Areas of expertise: Natural gas, energy policy, carbon capture and sequestration, climate change
Scott Anderson is a Senior Policy Advisor for EDF's Climate and Energy Program.
Scott spent many years in the oil and gas industry prior to joining Environmental Defense Fund. He is the former Executive Vice President and General Counsel of the Texas Independent Producers and Royalty Owners Association (TIPRO). He was the long-time Secretary of the LIAISON Committee of Cooperating Oil and Gas Associations and was previously a member of the governing Council of the State Bar of Texas Oil, Gas and Mineral Law Section.
- Member, State Bar of Texas, 1979-present
- Member, Ground Water Protection Council CO2 Sequestration Committee
- Member, World Resources Institute Stakeholder Group on CCS
- Member, Interstate Oil and Gas Compact Commission Carbon Capture and Storage Task Force
- Member, Federal Advisory Committee on Unconventional Resources Technology
- Member, Interstate Oil and Gas Compact Commission, 1986-87, 1990-present
- Member, Texas Oilfield Cleanup Fund Advisory Committee, 2001-2003
- Council Member, State Bar of Texas Oil, Gas & Mineral Law Section, 1990-1993
- Member, State Bar of Texas Standing Advisory Committee on Administrative Law, 1982-88
- Former editor of the Texas International Law Journal
- B.S., University of Texas at Austin (Phi Beta Kappa)
- J.D., University of Texas School of Law