Groundfish Project Manager
Areas of expertise: Oceans Program, catch shares, marine protected areas
Emilie Litsinger joined EDF in 2008. As Groundfish Project Manager, she is focused on transforming the way the New England groundfish fishery is managed to ensure that sound policies are implemented that end and prevent overfishing, protect marine resources, sustain fishing communities and promote profitable fishing businesses.
Emilie works directly with marine stakeholders, including fishermen, the New England Fishery Management Council and others to promote sustainable fisheries management policies that align and achieve environmental, economic and social goals.
- Masters, Marine and Fisheries Policy, University of Washington (2007)
- B.A., Environmental Studies, University of California, Santa Cruz (2001)
- B.A., Economics, University of California, Santa Cruz (2001)
- New England Fishery Management Council Groundfish Advisory Panel Member
- New England Fishery Management Council Recreational Advisory Panel Member
Hilborn, R. and E. Litsinger. (2009) Causes of decline and potential recovery of Atlantic cod populations. Open Fish Sci. J. 2. 32-8