Intern, Corporate Partnerships – Natural Gas
With world attention focused on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. This leading green group, with programs from Boston to Beijing, has tripled in size over the past decade by focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches. You can be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and a focus on results are a way of life.
EDF, a leading national nonprofit organization, creates transformational solutions to the most serious environmental problems. Our innovative Corporate Partnerships Program transforms industries and speeds up adoption of leading practices that improve environmental performance and the bottom line. EDF has a major focus on tackling the climate change crisis, the defining environmental challenge of our time.
Reports to Sean Wright, Senior Analyst in Corporate Partnerships Program
The intern would provide analytical, project management, and communications support for a number of current projects, including direct natural gas industry engagement and a recently launched economic analysis of methane mitigation opportunities which EDF has hired a consultant to execute. EDF’s natural gas advocacy requires strong cross-programmatic coordination, so the intern will get exposure to EDF’s wider natural gas team, including policy, technical and communications experts.
- Conduct research on natural gas
- Assist in financials analysis of methane mitigation opportunities
- Draft communications for senior level staff
- Actively participate in team meetings and conference calls
- Must be enrolled in a graduate program. Ideal candidates will be seeking a Master’s degree in environmental studies, economics, public policy, or business administration
- Professional background and/or strong personal interest in environmental and/or energy-related issues
- Strong writing skills required
- Must be well-organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented and proficient in the use of standard office equipment and computer software (such as MS Office applications)
- Ability to stay organized, meet deadlines and maintain a pro-active attitude
EDF’s Washington, DC Office
The proposed internship would be for 10-12 weeks this summer
While hours per week and scheduling are flexible depending on student availability, credit requirements, and project needs, preference will be given to those candidates who can commit to a substantive amount of hours per week.
Due to the volume of employment applications and queries received, EDF is unable to respond to each application individually. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected as a candidate.
Environmental Defense Fund is an Equal Opportunity EmployerApply