NEW YORK, NY
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR, HR OPERATIONS
With world attention focused on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. This leading green group, with programs from Boston to Beijing, has tripled in size over the past decade by focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches. You can be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and a focus on results are a way of life.
The HRIS Analyst supports and maintains the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) in Workday in addition to the other online systems that support the HR function. The Analyst works with team management and internal groups to hone processes and procedures for maintenance of HRIS systems (such as onboarding and payroll), runs reports on employee information, and uses analyses to identify business problems and/or support business decisions. The Analyst is responsible for protecting confidential employee data.
The successful candidate will execute HRIS activities that support the development of the organization and build the positive reputation of the department with employees, senior management, and outside vendors. Key responsibilities fall into four major areas
- Support Payroll: Liaise with payroll department to share changes/additions to biweekly payroll sheet, process tax forms or withholding information, and ensure accuracy of information provided.
- Generate Reports: Produce canned and customized reports from Workday, both for planned compliance reports and on-demand report requests.
- Technical lead: Be the technical lead for the HR Department and provide exemplary customer service to HR and others who may request assistance in HRIS and other related systems reporting. Act as subject matter expert/super user for the HRIS system and serves as an escalation point for end-users who are experiencing difficulties in using the system. Troubleshoot and problem-solve HRIS problems/issues, design, test and sign-off on all system upgrades, conversions and other developmental activities to increase use and improve workflow efficiency.
- Manage Employee Information: Process all new hires and terminations, including employee on-boarding documents (I9 forms, tax withholding forms), benefit elections, and all new employee information, in a timely fashion. Make all data entry changes in HRIS system and ensure that all employees have access to necessary online portals.
- 3-5 years previous experience maintaining data in a HRIS system, specific experience using Workday is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Must have an advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Technical aptitude with strong statistical, analytical and problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to analyze data and make appropriate recommendations. Basic to intermediate understanding of databases
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail, excellent time management and organizational skills, project management ability, and the ability to prioritize work
- Big picture and forward thinker with ability to develop recommendations for improving and streamlining existing processes.
- Action oriented, hands-on, able to work independently and with a sense of urgency; possesses ability to juggle multiple deadlines and initiatives
- Basic understanding of HR practices in Benefits, EEO, Data Security and HIPAA.
- Strong follow-through skills and the ability to be the driving force behind the completion of multiple HR projects
- Highest level of professionalism and communication skills with the ability to maintain confidentiality
Due to the volume of employment applications and queries received, EDF is unable to respond to each application individually. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected as a candidate.
Environmental Defense Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer