Digital Project Manager
Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. This leading green group, with programs from Boston to Beijing, has tripled in size over the past decade by focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches. You can be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and a focus on results are a way of life.
Environmental Defense Fund uses a complex and growing set of online platforms. We’re looking for a project manager to help us get the most out of our efforts and increase support for EDF's work. We manage a wide variety of projects and products, working with both an extended in-house team and outside vendors.
If you are a resourceful and flexible project manager who is passionate about helping teams work together at a high level of excellence, we'd love to hear from you.
- Help meet EDF's digital goals by identifying, shaping, and managing projects involving multi-disciplinary teams of staff and consultants.
- Contribute to projects' success by facilitating strong communication on project teams, within the web team and with stakeholders. This includes articulating goals and keeping the team's daily activities in sync.
- Identify, then resolve or escalate issues that impede teams' progress.
- Help us be consistent and efficient through strong documentation, from recording group decisions to ensuring that tools and processes are well-documented.
- Fill other roles as needed, as we don't have dedicated specialists for every function. Needs might include data analysis, user research, light-duty production and simple page layouts.
- Take responsibility for the overall cohesion and quality of your projects, including quality assurance.
- Supply the energy and leadership to keep projects moving in a decentralized, matrixed organization.
- Contribute ideas and other help as needed on a small, close-knit web team.
- Five or more years of experience with complex digital projects.
- Thorough knowledge of online production environments, project phases and common challenges.
- Excellent written and in-person communication skills, including meeting facilitation and follow-up.
- Experience keeping project teams focused, organized and moving. Knowledge of Basecamp is a plus, but compulsive use of any similar tool is a good sign.
- Strong background in user-centered web projects, including familiarity with common research techniques.
- Familiarity with the basics of HTML, CSS, dynamic content, RSS feeds, incorporating social media components, design, multimedia production and photo editing. Knowledge of Drupal, Wordpress and Convio is preferred.
- Fascination with emerging communications tools, and curiosity about how we can use them to advance EDF’s mission.
- Flexibility to take on new roles as the evolution of the Internet leads us in unanticipated directions.
- Commitment to environmental progress is not required, but it will make the work more interesting.
The project manager will work form our Washington, DC, office.
Due to the volume of employment applications and queries received, EDF is unable to respond to each application individually. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected as a candidate.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer.Apply