Digital Marketing Associate
With world attention focused on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. This leading green group, with programs from Boston to Beijing, has tripled in size over the past decade by focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches. You can be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and a focus on results are a way of life.EDF is taking to the next level the use of digital tools to increase the visibility of our work among key markets and audiences. Reporting to the Digital Marketing Manager and working closely with subject matter experts, the digital marketing associate will help implement and monitor our digital communication efforts.
If you are eager to be in on new experiments, combine analytics and creativity and help tailor our outreach to different parts of the Internet, this position is for you.
- Work closely with the Digital Marketing Manager and the Digital Marketing Specialist on daily execution of our strategy in multiple digital channels, making sure plans are carried out as envisioned and with good follow-up.
- Assist with the creation of share images and posts for EDF’s social media accounts.
- Coordinate paid promotions and billing.
- Provide regular reports on EDF program’s efforts and results in digital marketing, including blogs and social media.
- Guide EDF’s programs and subject matter experts as they learn to use digital channels effectively, by showing them the basics, coordinating training, suggesting best practices and familiarizing staff with EDF’s social media policies.
- Encourage knowledge-sharing within EDF by discovering and share case studies on effective and relevant online communications techniques, both from EDF’s own staff and from non-EDF sources.
- Monitor and report on what other organizations and companies are doing in the digital marketing space, identifying techniques and tools that might be of use to EDF staff.
- Participate in regular planning and idea-generation to help better connect our key audiences with EDF’s ideas and work.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business, marketing/communications, PR or new media
- Comfortable with both creative and analytical approaches to work.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once and respond to changing priorities.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organization skills.
- Strong training skills, particularly working with people who are novices at digital media.
- Clear communications skills, including the ability to use appropriate language in many different contexts and channels.
- In-depth knowledge of major digital marketing platforms and ability to learn new ones quickly.
Environmental Defense Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer