With world attention focused on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. This leading green group, with programs from Boston to Beijing, has tripled in size over the past decade by focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches. You can be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and a focus on results are a way of life.
The Development Assistant will provide primary administrative support to the Events Team within Development, as well as the Director of Development Resources, and will play a key role in coordination between the Events and Research teams. The Development Assistant reports to the Director, Events Management.
- Arrange meetings, appointments, conference calls, and coordinate travel arrangements for the events team and Director of Development Resources.
- Create, proofread, edit, and format documents and spreadsheets.
- Maintain event files, electronic “rolodex entries” and other online databases.
- Manage data for all events, including:
- Maintain events calendar
- Compile and manage invitation lists
- Create and upload daily event RSVP reports
- Submit attendee research requests and coordinate with the Research Team to ensure that staff attending events receive briefing materials in advance
- Assist with events logistics as needed.
- Track event expenses and prepare monthly reports for budget analysis.
- Process expense reports, AmEx statements and invoices.
- Photocopy, fax and mail materials as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or at least two years professional experience
- Highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter
- Some experience in fundraising development or special events preferred.
- Excellent writing, proofreading and clerical skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office; Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of web-based contact and event management platforms such as Salesforce and Cvent is a plus.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is crucial.
- Ability to oversee details of complex projects with high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Good communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently while managing various tasks.
New York, NY
Due to the volume of employment applications and queries received, EDF is unable to respond to each application individually. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected as a candidate.
Environmental Defense Fund is an Equal Opportunity EmployerApply