With world attention focused on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. This leading green group, with programs from Boston to Beijing, has tripled in size over the past decade by focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches. You can be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and a focus on results are a way of life.
Environmental Defense Fund is currently recruiting for a full-time Development Assistant in San Francisco to provide primary development and administrative support to three (3) Major Gift Officers as needed. The Development Assistant plays a key role in the daily operations of the Development Department, serving as a contact between the program staff and the regional development staff as well as donors. In addition to daily administrative duties, the Development Assistant will work closely with the Major Gift Officers on donor outreach and communications.
- Draft correspondence including annual solicitations, acknowledgments, emails as well as talking points, for three Development Officers
- Edit/proof of correspondence, reports and spreadsheets
- Assist Development Officer in managing donor portfolios, tracking outreach, meetings, program updates, follow-up etc.
- Assist in maintaining schedules, calls and visits for Development Officers
- Coordinate travel arrangements and itineraries for Development Officers
- Serve as internal liaison between Development Officers and EDF program staff
- Code and process development staff expense reports and invoices.
- Assist Donor Records team in gift processing procedures
- Assist in the logistical support of high-level meetings and special events, involving donors, board members and friends of EDF
- Occasional backup to receptionist and program assistants
- Responsible for keeping donor database updated and ensuring integrity and accuracy of the database. Become proficient in donor database to use as a research tool including the creation of reports and metrics as needed
The qualifications for this position include but are not limited to:
- BA degree; 1-2 years’ experience in development/fundraising required
- Strong administrative skills
- Excellent writing and proofreading
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, most importantly Outlook and Excel
- Experience in donor databases (Common Ground, Salesforce, Raiser's Edge, etc.) a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively with high-level donors, executives and program staff
- Experience with portfolio and project management a plus
- Ability to oversee details of complex projects with high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Sense of humor
This position will be located in San Francisco, CA
Due to the volume of employment applications and queries received, EDF is unable to respond to each application individually. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected as a candidate.
Environmental Defense Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer