Campaign Manager, Young Voters Climate Campaign
With world attention focused on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. This leading green group, with programs from Boston to Beijing, has tripled in size over the past decade by focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches. You can be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and a focus on results are a way of life.
The Campaign Manager will design and manage strategies and campaigns to engage and mobilize young Americans (age 18-30) on climate change. The goal of the campaign is to inspire and mobilize college students and other young adults to get personally engaged on climate change solutions in their personal lives, their communities, their careers, and especially civic engagement, including demanding stronger government policies and programs to reduce pollution and turning out to vote in elections. The young voter climate campaigns will be inclusive and non-partisan, embracing the rich diversity of young adults from all backgrounds, ethnicity, cultures and political viewpoints.
The Campaign Manager will be able to develop strategies to inspire and mobilize college students and other young adults to get personally engaged on climate change solutions in their personal lives, their communities, their careers, and especially civic engagement, including demanding stronger government policies and programs to reduce pollution.
The Campaign Manager will engage key partners and allies, ensuring EDF’s work adds value to activities already underway and will also engage a cross functional team of EDF staff, consultants, and outside stakeholders to develop, refine, and implement the strategies.
The Campaign Manager will be required to develop financial resources, including engaging donors and foundations, preparing grants, and keeping financial supporters informed of progress. Strong communication skills will be to required to Communicate project results to EDF staff, partners, the media and other stakeholders.
Manage the implementation of young voter campaign strategies, including consultant hiring and oversight, work plan development and execution, budget management, project management and deliverable oversight. Research and analysis will be part of implementation and management.
The Campaign Manager will have in depth experience with developing campaign strategies and strong knowledge of government policies and programs to reduce pollution, and will have proven professional experience working on advocacy, mobilization and/or political campaigns and strategies. The Campaign Manager will develop strategic goals, metrics, and timetables, as well as identifying key tactics, partners, and resource needs. Strategies will inlcude inclusive and non-partisan strategies to engage young adults from all backgrounds, ethnicity, cultures and political viewpoints
- A minimum of 8 years of professional experience working on advocacy, mobilization or political campaigns and strategies.
- Demonstrated leadership experience setting clear goals, strategies, and work plans.
- Excellent outreach, engagement and communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to work with people of all backgrounds, ethnicity, cultures and political viewpoints.
- A working knowledge of climate change and clean energy issues and solutions, and a personal passion to advocate for effective solutions to address climate change.
- Proven project and people management skills, including the ability to work with colleagues and partners of varied background and experience;
- Creative and innovative thinker willing to challenge the status quo and propose new ideas and opportunities;
- Proven ability to work both independently and as a member of small teams in a fast-paced, dynamic and creative environment;
- Experience managing a diverse workload;
- Exceptional personal organization and attention to detail;
- Proficiency in the use of standard business software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Due to the volume of employment applications and queries received, EDF is unable to respond to each application individually. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected as a candidate.
Environmental Defense Fund is an Equal Opportunity EmployerApply