Assistant, Political Affairs
Environmental Defense Fund is seeking an Assistant who will provide primary administrative support to the Senior Director, Climate Policy and legislative staff team. The Assistant will be a critical member of the legislative team and will play a key role in achieving the core goals by providing administrative and logistical support to the legislative team and ensuring smooth operation of day-to-day activities including but not limited to scheduling, correspondence and meeting and event planning.
- Manage schedule, organize meetings, conference calls and video conferences for the Senior Director and the team
- Process expense and American Express reports and submit program-related invoices for the director, clean energy initiatives, and other senior staff
- Administer and help draft contracts for consultants or other vendors
- Maintain well-organized and accessible electronic and paper files
- Apply excellent organizational, communication and planning skills in preparing written products, responding to information requests, and helping coordinate and track activities among staff members
- Attend internal and external meetings and document and track key takeaways, next steps, and resource or research needs
- Collaborate on preparation and distribution of reports and other written materials
- Manage materials development and production
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 1-2 years of work experience in fast-paced, detail-oriented environment
- Meticulous attention to detail and organizational abilities
- Excellent oral and written communications ability
- Strong research skills
- Ability to work independently, and successfully handle and prioritize diverse, simultaneous tasks
- Interest in environmental advocacy is preferred
- Proficiency in the use of IBM PCs and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc)
This position will be located in the Washington, D.C. office.
Due to the volume of employment applications and queries received, EDF is unable to respond to each application individually. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected as a candidate.
Environmental Defense Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer