Analyst, EDF Climate Corps
EDF Climate Corps is Environmental Defense Fund’s innovative summer fellowship program that places specially trained MBA and MPA students in companies, cities and universities to build the business case for strategic energy management. If improving building energy management were as simple as flipping a switch, organizations could easily cash in on big cost savings and emission reductions. Unfortunately, limited resources, information gaps and organizational barriers prevent many organizations from taking advantage of smart energy investments. EDF Climate Corps overcomes these barriers with ambitious young talent trained to develop customized energy efficiency investment plans for their host organizations. Since the program’s launch in 2008, EDF Climate Corps fellows have uncovered over a billion dollars in energy savings for participating organizations.
The Analyst reports to the Senior Manager, Operations and plays a key role in the success of EDF Climate Corps. Key responsibilities include:
- Oversee the administration of EDF Climate Corps principal program metrics. Work independently and with members of the team to collect information using surveys, interviews, Salesforce, and other methods. Contribute to the development of new metrics as needed;
- Manage quality assurance processes focused on improving fellow financial analyses of energy management opportunities and work products for host organizations;
- Prepare quantitative and qualitative reporting on fellowship results for distribution to EDF executives, board members, donors, and other audiences including calculations of potential greenhouse gas reductions and aggregation of net present value of potential energy investments;
- Author blogs, reports, presentations, and other thought leadership leveraging EDF Climate Corps results and information from outside sources. Identify learning, metrics and evaluation outcomes that could be applied broadly though out EDF;
- Build relationships with new potential EDF Climate Corps hosts to grow program membership; and
- Oversee 10-15 key relationships with companies and public sector organizations, oversee summer fellowships, develop scope of work for the engagements, and ensure successful completion of fellowship deliverables
We are seeking a highly organized and analytical self-starter with an academic or professional background in the business and/or environmental sectors.
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, statistics, or finance
- 2+ years of work experience
- Strong analytical skills, interest in performing rigorous analysis (financial, quantitative, and qualitative) in support of highly visible work;
- Strong proficiency in the use of IBM PCs, the Microsoft Office suite of software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint), database programs, and Salesforce.com. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft excel (macros/VBA)required;
- Basic knowledge of the business implications of environmental issues, building energy efficiency, and climate and energy policy;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, the ability to work with colleagues and partners of varied backgrounds and experience, and excellent ability to build strategic relationships;
- Exceptional personal organization, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task;
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to listen well, assess needs, respond professionally and exert influence over colleagues and professional contacts
- Sales experience a plus.
- Project management experience and/or a demonstrated ability to use independent judgment required to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload;
- An ability to work both independently and as part of a highly collaborative and geographically dispersed team in a fast-paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial environment;
- Willingness to travel (5-10% of the time);
- Ability to manage multiple short-term consultant work contracts at a time
This position will be located in Boston, MA
Due to the volume of employment applications and queries received, EDF is unable to respond to each application individually. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected as a candidate.
Environmental Defense Fund is an Equal Opportunity EmployerApply