Chemicals and Health: scientific statements and key reports
Numerous scientific and professional societies have issued statements expressing their concerns about the health effects of toxic chemicals based on their reviews of the available evidence. Similarly, several recent federal and international reports have documented the state of the science of the connection between chemicals and human health.
Links to some of these authoritative reports and publications are available below.
Scientific and professional society position statements and reports
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Endocrine Society
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
Federal and international reports and publications
- Interagency Breast Cancer and Environmental Research Coordinating Committee
- World Health Organization (WHO) and United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
- President’s Cancer Panel 2009
- Report: Environmental Factors in Cancer [PDF] – June 2010
- US Department of Health and Human Services and National Institutes of Health